Get there faster
No need to open a new tab just to check the definition of Floccinaucinihilipilification. Double click it and voila!
You can listen to how the word is pronounced. The phonetics are also displayed.
Over 50 locales supported
You may use the extension in any of the global languages supported by Chrome.
All extensions are open-source, free, offline-first, privacy friendly and internationalized to all 50 supported browser locales
The internet is a melting pot of languages, which makes a Dictionary (+ thesarus) a handy tool for netizens. The browser extension resulting from this supports:
- Showing the varying definitions of the given word in different contexts.
- Pronounciation guide in audio format.
- Real-world usages of the word in sentences.
- Complex words used in the definition are hyperlinked.
- Support for all the major languages of the world from Arabic to German.
- A thesarus of synonyms and antonyms.
Under the hood, the extension is using Google’s dictionary API, which in turn integrates with major dictionary providers around the world like Oxford. I estimate that there are over a 100 dictionary extensions on the Chrome Webstore, and I hope this is the alternative you’re looking for.
Here is a list of languages supported:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- English (UK)
- English (US)